Sunday, August 2, 2026

One In A Million


Liam Brady was a one-of-a-kind footballer. Talented; mercurial; elegant. You just didn't see many of him these days. And his book 'Born To Be A Footballer' is exactly that; something that cannot be replicated.

I have read many football autobiographies; but this is the best I've ever read. Better than Fowler; better than Vieira and better than The Basketball Book. The thing I like about it is his engaging style; he writes as if you're a friend; and you know he is saying it exactly as it is. He also does not repeat himself; something which many football autobiographies tend to do.

You are treated to an exact hometale of how Brady came to be a footballer; from his aspiring growth at Arsenal; through to his time in Italy and finally back to England. All through out, you hear about how his time at Italy wasn't all roses; how even a talented footballer like him faced rejection; his views on that Thierry Henry handball incident; and his colorful run-ins with fellow pundit Eamonn Murphy.

U just couldn't put it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment